Ami-Hacks Legal Hackathon is a four days virtual hackathon which aims to encourage young students to create viable and innovative solutions to real-world problems. It is a platform for innovative developers, startup enthusiasts and budding entrepreneurs to come together virtually to ideate, innovate and inspire one another and the legal community.
About Amity Law School, Noida
“Amity Law School, Noida” is one of the leading institutions in the field of law. It was established as a philanthropic initiative by our Honorable Founder Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan. Amity Law School, Noida has been conferred with the South Asia Legal Excellence Award, best emerging Law school award by SILF and MILAT along with the “Promising Law School‟ award by Legal Desire. It is the dream of our Founder President Sir to make it a world-class educational institute in India and beyond.
It has set the bench mark in legal education by providing ample opportunities for education, research and capacity building. Amity Law School, Noida aims to impart high-quality professional education in a vibrant academic ambience with distinguished faculty and resource persons from the industry. Amity Law School, Noida has proved to be an epitome of legal education by striving for excellence in all its endeavors.
Objective of Ami-Hacks Legal Hackathon
· The innovation and technology concentration will help prepare young lawyers/ students for employment outside of traditional legal jobs, such as– legal process outsourcing, electronic discovery services, online client lead generation, automated document assembly, online law practice management, and similar services.
· It will help young lawyers to augment their techno-legal skills and ability to innovate which can be achieved through the appropriate use of law practice, technology and other innovative practices.
· It aims at bringing the legal industry together with tech and innovation, with the sole purpose of developing solutions for improving the legal industry globally.
The above objectives are sought to be achieved by presenting ideas & conducting deliberations in the presence of eminent persons working at the intersection of law and technology. Several mentoring sessions as well as webinars will be conducted to help the participants throughout the hackathon.
All students pursuing a 3 year or a 5 year LLB course or an LLM course from a recognized law school, university or institution in India are eligible to participate.
· Teams can consist of 2-4 members.
· Anyone with a valid college I-card can participate.
· Every individual must be a member of just one team.
*NOTE: The teams may consist of members of different institutions also.
II. Proposal Submission
Teams can develop solutions that relate to either ‘improving the business of law’ or ‘facilitating access to justice’. They can pitch their technological and innovation related solutions or ideas catering to legal professionals, academicians or law students.
· Probono & Affordable Legal Service
· Legal Journalism
· Legal Awareness & Literacy
· Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Internet of Things (IoT) in Judicial System
· Legal Practice & Management
· Innovative tools for Dispute Redressal Platforms
III. Evaluation Criteria
· Innovativeness and Novelty of the proposed Idea
· Technical Competence
· Impact on target market and Business Potential Viability
IV. Mentoring Sessions and AMA
During the submissions and evaluations, various mentoring sessions and AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions will be conducted with prestigious names from the industry. The sessions will cover informative and interactive sessions to guide the participants to formalize their ideas.
· Cash prizes worth Rs 25000
· Internship Opportunity with reputed Legal Start-up.
· Free Premium Courses
· Industry Mentorship for Starting with your own Start up
· For Winning team and first runner up - Free Company Registration* (Zero professional fees only nominal govt fees to be paid)
Faculty Coordinator Deputy Faculty Coordinator
Ms. Swati Kaushal Dr. Chandrika Singh
Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor,
Amity Law School, Noida Amity Law School, Noida
Amity University Uttar Pradesh Amity University Uttar Pradesh
Ms. Damin Deo Singh: +91-7838511588
Ms. Devyani Prasad: +91-7982574829
Deputy Student Coordinator
Mr. Aakansh Prakash: +91-8860734215
For more details, visit: https://alsnlegalhack.wordpress.com/
or, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on:
Facebook - @alsn.legalhack2021
Instagram - @alsn_legalhack