LawInternships is an organisation that provides internship opportunities in the field of law primarily to the students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programs. We assist in providing opportunities for gaining professional experience as well as improving legal skills while being enrolled in a full-time law program. The objective is to prepare students for the real world by imparting practical exposure and relevant skills through legal internships. We at LawInternships provide highly motivated students opportunities in Law firms, Government organisations, Companies, Trial and Appellate Advocates or any other organization where law is practiced either in action or in dispute resolution or in management; pan-India. We assist in providing opportunities for gaining professional experience as well as improving legal skills while being enrolled in a full-time law program.
This competition is open to all bona fide undergraduate and postgraduate participation
from colleges across India. There is no restriction on the number of student participants
from each college.
1. Preliminary & Octa- Final Round
Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers.
2. Quarter & Semi- Final Round
Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change
3. Finals Round
Contempt of court vs. Freedom of speech and expression.
• The participation fee is Rs. 500/- only (Five Hundred Rupees only) and the participant
can make payments over G-pay/Paytm/Phonepe or through online banking.
1. G-pay/ Paytm/Phonepe Number: +91 7477017741
2 .Bank a/c details:
Account Holder Name: LAW INTERNSHIPS
Account Number: 6336002100000663
Bank: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0633600
• Registration fee once paid is non-refundable.
• After making the payment the participant is required to take a screen shot of the
payment and upload it in the above mentioned Google form.
The participants are required to complete 'Registration' through this Google form link annexed
below which shall be done on or before December 2, 2020, 11:59 PM IST.
Link to registration form:
Structure of the Competition
The Competition shall comprise of 4 stages
• PRELIMINARY ROUNDS: 3+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single bell), end of 3 Minutes
(Double bell) and end of 4 minute (Time Up). Rebuttal 1Minute each.
(Topic: Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers!)
• OCTA- FINAL ROUND: 3+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single bell), end of 3 Minutes
(Double bell) and end of 4 minute (Time Up). Rebuttal 1Minute each. [NOTE: If the there are less
than 32 registrations then there will be no Octa-Finals but all the other rounds remain the same.]
(Topic: Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers!)
• QUARTER FINALS ROUND: 4+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single Bell), end of 4 Minute
(Double Bell), end of 5 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 2Minute to each team. End of 1 minute (Single bell) and end of 2 minute (Time Up)
(Topic: Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change)
• SEMI FINALS ROUND: 6+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single Bell), end of 6 Minute
(Double Bell), end of 7 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 2+1 Minute to each team. End of 2 minute (Single bell) and end of 3 minute (Times Up).
(Topic: Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change )
• FINAL ROUND: 9+1 Minute to speak. End of 5 minute (Single bell), end of 7Minute (Double
bell), and end of 10 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 3+1 Minute to each team. End of 3 minute (Single bell) and end of 4 minute (Times Up).
(Topic: Contempt of court vs. Freedom of speech and expression.)
Caution while filling the form:
• Please ensure the form is filled with your full name as should be reflected in the
participation or merit certificates.
• Proper email-ids must be provided in the event of any correspondences to be made.
• A copy of your college id must also be uploaded in the form for verification purposes.
• The participant can fill in the following form provided through this link and upload the
screen shot of the payment in the form.
Rules of the Competition
• Each round will have a different topic and the topics shall be released beforehand to provide
preparation time for participants.
• The medium of debate is strictly English.
• The participants must maintain professional decorum at all times throughout the competition.
Use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
• The participants must ensure sound internet connection and in the event of any disruptions
another chance shall not be provided.
• In the event there has been a technical glitch or internet issue from the organiser’s side
whole responsibility shall be ours and will do the needful.
• Any sort of malpractice or doubts that malpractice might have happened will lead to
• Participants are advised to use laptop or desktop. In the event of non-availability of both
mobile phones may be used.
• The student will have to maintain a distance of one meter minimum from the laptop or
• The participants must use earphones and ensure that they are in a closed and silent space
without background disturbances while the competition is in progress.
• While a participant is speaking all the others are requested to keep their mics on mute and
unmute only when asked to speak.
• Individual scores of each round will be released on our website and our social media
• Disclaimer: The decision of the Judges and the Organizing Committee of the Host Institute on any issue arising during the competition shall be final and binding.
Awards and Certificates:
• The winners will be awarded duly.
a. Winner–Rs. 3000 + Book(s) + Trophy +Merit certificate.
b. Runner up– Rs. 2000 + Book + Merit certificate.
c. 2nd Runner up – Rs. 1000+ Merit certificate.
• Every participant will be provided with participation certificate.
Last Date of Registration December 2, 2020
Last date of any clarification December 5, 2020
Date of the Competition December 11, 2020 to December 13, 2020